Monday, August 16, 2010

Steve Meisel + Vogue Italia = Steaming Piles of BS (again)

(All three Images © Steven Meisel)

In this post I will try to resist simply reverting to form. It will be difficult. My subject is Steve Meisel, about whom I have posted several times before. Let's just skip the excoriation and say he's at it again.

This time, though, I have a suggestion. Think of this as my effort at being constructive. I am not much for charity as a solution to political-economic problems. But since ~ I assume ~ Meisel makes buckets of money plying his trade, I'd be ever so grateful if he'd simply donate a couple thousand to this or that relief effort and spare us his attempts at profundity. I'm certain I am not alone in this. And notice that I am least crediting him with a sincere concern with the various public troubles he has incorporated into his work over the past few years. So let him 'help' (if that is what he thinks this stuff does) by allowing his money to speak for him instead of imposing on the world yet another vapid spread in Vogue Italia.