Monday, May 30, 2011

Mir and Nelson may be friends, but punching each other in the face is no problem

Before past fights, Frank Mir has engaged in some pretty nasty trash talking wars. This time it just doesn't feel right, but that doesn't mean Mir's fightplan is any different against Roy Nelson.

"If my wife we're to get in the ring with me, I would try to knock her head off and choke her unconscious. I would flip the switch instantly," Mir said with a smile. "Roy and I are friends before the fight. I like the guy a lot. But during the fight, it doesn't matter that we do or don't like each other beforehand. Trust me, Roy is going to try and knock my head off. I'm going to try and knock his head off. And if I can catch him in a choke, I want him to go to sleep. And I guarantee you he'd like to take arm off and put it on his mantle."

Check out Larry Pepe (ProMMARadio), Damon Martin (MMAWeekly) and myself picking the Mir-Nelson fight using the Las Vegas odds.

You can watch UFC 130 right here on Yahoo! Sports

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Mir-and-Nelson-may-be-friends-but-punching-each?urn=mma-wp2561

Z Line Toyota Mark Anthony Martin Mike Brown David Gilliland Erik Darnell Robert Kubica A and W Ford